We are excited to announce a new Transitional Kindergarten program for the fall of 2022-23 school year!
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Registration Details:
• This will be an all-day program with breakfast, lunch, and transportation provided.
• There will be a maximum of 12 students per school.
• This District program will be housed at Dry Creek, Franklin, and Roosevelt Elementary.
• It is open to all students within the Port Angeles School District boundaries.
• Registration paperwork will be available at all Port Angeles Elementary Schools and the District Office starting April 11 and online here
• Students will complete a screening process to determine eligibility after the application is received.
• Parents will be notified if their student qualifies for the class.
Transitional Kindergarten Registration Qualifications:
• This program is for children who do not have access to high-quality early learning experiences prior to kindergarten.
• It is available to those deemed by the school district, through a screening process and/or another instrument (s), to be in need of additional preparation to be successful in kindergarten the following year.
• A child must not be five years of age as of August 31 of the year of entry to be considered to enter Transitional Kindergarten.
• A child who is five years of age as of August 31 will be eligible to enter kindergarten.
Questions? Call #360-457-8575