All Port Angeles School District students will graduate prepared for life-long learning.
The Port Angeles School District creates learning communities that prepare each student to live, work, and learn successfully in a changing world.
Every student can learn. Every person has worth. School safety matters.
Port Angeles School District
BEGINS April 11, 2022
WELCOME to Port Angeles School District! We look forward to working with parents and their children as they begin the journey of a life-long learner.
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION
- The child must be five (5) years of age prior to September 1, of the year they enter Kindergarten.
- You must show a legal document showing the student’s legal last name. The Port Angeles School District will accept any one of a variety of documents for purposes of verifying a student's age or legal name, including, but not limited to: birth certificates, passports, entries in a family bible, adoption records, affidavits from a parent, previously verified school records, or any other documents permitted by law.
- Bring Immunization Record, you may register prior to completing immunization. However, children may not begin school until they have completed the immunization requirements. Your doctor or the Health Department can assist you with immunization information.
TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION—Call 360.452.9714
Bus routes are updated each August and schedules are mailed to the parent or guardian by the end of August. All kindergarten children wear a name tag with bus information the first two weeks of school. The bus tag is provided by the school. .
If you have questions, please call us at 360.457.8575.
Click here for an interactive map that helps you determine which school your child will be attending for elementary. Click and zoom on the map to locate your address.
Here is a complete list of all Port Angeles Elementary Schools, their addresses and phone numbers:
|Dry Creek Elementary||25 Rife Road||360.457.5050|
|Franklin Elementary||2505 South Washington||360.457.1343|
|Hamilton Elementary||1822 West 7th Street||360.452.6818|
|Jefferson Elementary||218 East 12th Street||360.457.4231|
|Roosevelt Elementary||106 Monroe Road||360.452.8973|
Here are the immunization requirements your child will need before the beginning of the school year:
To attend public school in Washington State, each child must have a signed Certificate of Immunization Status form (CIS) showing proof of one of the following:
- all immunizations have been done according to State requirements (month, day and year are required for all vaccines)
- immunizations are in the process of being completed
- a medical exemption (with health care provider signature)
- personal or religious exemption (with health care provider signature)
Kindergarten Requirements include the following:
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses (properly spaced)
- DTaP/DT – 4 to 5 doses (last one MUST be on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses IF all were given before the 4th birthday
- 3 doses IF the last dose was given on or after the 4th birthday
- MMR 2 doses
- 1st dose must be given on or after the 1st birthday
- 2nd dose must be given at least 28 days after lst dose
- Varicella (chickenpox) – 2 doses
- must be given on or after the lst birthday
- 2nd dose must be given 3 months after the first shot.
PARENT-REPORTED HISTORY OF VARICELLA (CHICKENPOX) DISEASE IS NOT ACCEPTED.
What will be acceptable is signed note from the health care provider stating the child had chickenpox (with month, day, and year), or date of a blood test showing the child had chickenpox, or a signed exemption based on medical, religious or personal reason. If a parent is unsure about the child’s chickenpox history, the child should be referred to their health care provider to get the vaccine.
Please make sure your child has all of the required vaccines BEFORE the first day of school.
For more information about the Port Angeles School District go to www.portangelesschools.org.