Distribution of Community Information
PASD is happy to partner with local nonprofit organizations to get the word out about community events and offerings that may interest school-aged students/families.
Requirements to distribute information through the school district/schools:
- Organization must be a 501c3 nonprofit.
- Information is understood to be of interest and benefit to K-12 students and families.
- Printed materials must be provided by the submitting organization and must include the following disclaimer:
Under Port Angeles School District Policy No. 4060, Community Relations, "This is NOT a school-sponsored activity. The Port Angeles School District has neither reviewed nor approved the sponsoring organization, its program, personnel, and activities announced in this flyer. The sponsoring organization and participants agree to protect, indemnify, and hold harmless the District, its board of directors, employees, and agents, from all claims, liabilities, damages, expenses, or rights of action, directly or indirectly attributed to the organization, or its program, personnel, and activities. Permission to distribute this flyer should not be considered an endorsement or recommendation of the program by the District.”
Options for distribution:
- Community News & Events webpage - fill out this form (link to flyer distribution form) to be included on the Community Events webpage. Please allow up to seven days for your information to be posted to the website.
- Printed posters or flyers -
- The organization sends a draft of the item to PASD Community Relations for approval. Make sure to include the above disclaimer on the flyers/posters.
- With approval for posters: organization provides seven copies of the poster if they would like it displayed in all schools (fewer if the request is not for all schools; please include directions regarding at which school you would like a poster displayed). Posters should be no larger than 11"x17".
- With approval for flyers: Send bundled copies, each bundle marked with the school where you would like them placed. Quantity by school and grade can be found on the 2nd page of the request form. Flyers should be no larger than 8.5"x5.5" (one-half of standard size paper)
- One-stop distribution! Drop off the materials with the approval form at the District Office (905 W 9th St, Port Angeles, WA 98363), and we will distribute the information to the appropriate school(s).
- Self-distribution: with the approval form, you can drop off bundles at each school in quantity listed.
All materials should be submitted to the district office for approval.