Bonds & Levies
We listened to our community.
More than 150 local community members over the past decade have recommended improvements or replacements for PASD schools. They also recommended maximizing dollars from the State, minimize the burden on local taxpayers, and provide a long-range, performance-based plan with a consistent rate. This voter-approved plan does just that, and it begins with the Capital Levy.
Through community support of the Capital Levy program, our district can now make improvements to make our schools safer! Thank you for your commitment and investment.
The Port Angeles Capital Advisory Committee (PACAC) reviews expenditures, develops and reviews designs, and provides feedback to the PASD Board of Directors during the firm selection process.
The PACAC consists of:
• Sarah Methner – School Board President
• Sandy Long – School Board Director
• Marty Brewer – Superintendent
• Nolan Duce – Director of Maintenance and Facilities
• Kristen Lunt – Principal, Stevens Middle School
• Kelsey Orgler – Substitute Teacher, Stevens Middle School
• Melissa McBride – Teacher, Stevens Middle School
• Mike French – Community Member
• Sean Worthington – Community Member
• Steve Methner – Community Member
• Terra Horton – Community Member
Stevens Middle School – Design Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
We are excited to announce that the PASD Board of Directors unanimously approved the hiring of Integrus + YGH Architecture to manage the design, project execution, and construction for the expansion and renovation of Stevens Middle School!
Integrus will partner with Vanir Construction Management Company and PASD for this project.
To kick off the design phase, Integrus met with Stevens Middle School staff and the Port Angeles Capital Advisory Committee members. During this time, the design team shared their hopes, concerns, and ideas on building the best school for our students, staff, and community! Integrus also spent an entire day at Stevens Middle School to watch how students move throughout the building and use the existing space. They also met with students to hear their ideas about a new school and what matters the most to them.
Monroe Athletic Field Updates
Port Angeles School District (PASD) is partnering with Site Workshop, a design and construction management company, to oversee the building of Monroe Athletic Field. We completed the field design phase, including a quality synthetic turf field for soccer, football, and fastpitch. This field will also feature a walking path the public can use.
In 2022, PASD put the field project out to bid and only received three offers. All exceeded our budget and were not from local companies. Choosing one of these bids would not have been a wise use of public funds. We decided to delay the project for one year. Knowing we have local contractors to do the groundwork, we separated the
project into two sections, site work, and turf work.
The two types of work:
1. Site Work - We have hired a local company, Bruch and Bruch, to do the ground and site work at Monroe Field. We aim to keep as many local workers on this
job as possible to support our community!
2. Turf Work - Through a State bidding process, the PASD School Board chose FieldTurf USA, Inc. to install the turf field.
The anticipated completion date for the field is Fall 2023.
PACAC Meeting Minutes
As soon as the Levy passed, we got to work! Phase 1 of the district’s 30-year facilities plan is underway. Check out the brochure below to learn more about what we have already accomplished to improve school safety and security. You can also find supporting levy documents below.