Back to School Information
CALENDAR OF EVENTS (Click on View Full Calendar.)
2012-13 SCHOOL CALENDAR Check this page for Calendar of Events and 2012-13 School District Calendar. (Early Release for all elementary schools begins September 11, 2012. Late Start for all secondary schools begins September 12, 2012.)
2012-13 SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS
- Dry Creek Elementary: kindergarten, first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth
- Franklin Elementary: all school list
- Hamilton Elementary: kindergarten, first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth
- Jefferson Elementary: kindergarten (Prince), first, second, third (Lindley), second/third (Murphy), fourth, fifth, sixth
- Roosevelt Elementary: kindergarten, first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth
- Stevens Middle School: 7th & 8th Grade General Supply List
- Port Angeles High School essentials: three ring binder, college ruled loose leaf paper, notebook dividers, pen, pencil, highlighter; (optional: spiral notebook-required by some teachers, USB drive)
AFTERSCHOOL CARE OPTIONS
Two local organizations will provide services to students after school at District sites - Comfort and Cozy Childcare Learning Center and the Clallam County YMCA.
Comfort and Cozy Childcare will offer services at Franklin and Roosevelt Elementary Schools, with an option to also provide care at Dry Creek Elementary. Parents and/or guardians can sign up students at the center at 507 North Liberty. Call 360.457.6277 for additional information.
The Clallam County YMCA hosts the After the Bell program for Jefferson and Hamilton Elementary Schools; students are bused to the Y facility from school. Parents and/or guardians must sign up their student by visiting the YMCA at 302 South Francis. Call 360.452.9244 for further assistance.
KINDERGARTEN AND NEW SCHOOL ENROLLMENT
Registrations are accepted at all Port Angeles School District schools. Call 360.457.8575 if you need help to determine which school your child will attend. WAKIDS: Characteristics of Children Entering Kindergarten
What is Needed for Registration
- Legal document showing the student's legal last name (birth certificate-copy or original, immigration papers or adoption papers)
- Immunization record
- For kindergarten registration, the student must be five (5) years of age prior to September 1 of the year he or she enters kindergarten.
Dry Creek Elementary, 25 Rife Road, 457.5050
Roosevelt Elementary, 106 Monroe Road, 452.8973
Franklin Elementary, 2505 South Washington, 457.9111
Hamilton Elementary, 1822 West 7th Street, 452.6818
Jefferson Elementary, 218 East 12th Street, 457.4231
Stevens Middle School, 1139 West 14th, 452.5590
Port Angeles High School, 304 East Park Ave, 452.7602
Lincoln High School, 924 West 9th Street, 452.9502
Parents As Partners, Donahue House, 348 East Park Avenue, 417.3779
To attend public/private school or licensed child care in Washington State, each child must present a signed Certificate of Immunization Status Form showing proof of 1) full immunization per the 2007 Recommended Childhood Immunization Schedule, 2.) an initiation of a schedule of immunization, 3) a medical exemption (with health care provider signature), OR 4) personal or religious exemption (with a parent/guardian signature).
- Vaccine Requirements and Regulations
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS), available through your provider and school office
H1N1 VIRUS (SWINE FLU) INFORMATION