Facilities Efficiency Task Force 2004
- School Closure Report 4 (PDF)
- School Closure Report 3 (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions about School Closure (PDF)
- Board Statement on Proposed Closure of Monroe (PDF)
- School Closure Report 2 (PDF)
- Board Statement on Elimination of Options (PDF)
- School Closure Report 1 (PDF)
- Elementary Student Distribution Map (PDF)
- Facilities Efficiency Task Force Report 1/26/04 (PDF)
The Port Angeles School District Board of Directors first established the Facilities Efficiency Task Force on June 23, 2003. The task force was charged with (a) examining enrollment data and comparative statistics, and (b) developing a board recommendation regarding reduction in the number of school facilities operated by the district. For information on the 2006 Facilities Efficiency Task Force, click here.
The task force was formed as a result of the suggestion from the 2001-02 budget review committee for “closure of a small elementary school,” and the suggestion last year from the fiscal advisory committee to “operate schools at 'break-even' FTE (350+) levels only.” The principal purpose of the recommendations was to save overhead expenses by closing a school, and increasing the average enrollment across the remaining schools.
The Facilities Efficiency Task Force was balanced with representation from the school board, building administrators, certificated and classified employees, parents, and community representatives. Task force members presented their final report to the Board of Directors on Monday, January 26, 2004.
Questions about facilities or budget items may be sent to the Port Angeles School District at email@example.com.