Jefferson Elementary School
218 East Twelfth Street
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: (360) 457-4231
FAX: (360) 457-4296
Jefferson Elementary School, which was completely renovated, re-opened in 2003. The facility supports kindergarten through grade six classrooms, as well as outdoor fields for district and community recreation.
An important component of our success has been the strong relationships between students, staff and families. We will continue to focus on relationship development as we recruit more parents and community members for our school-wide enrichment clusters. Parents will have many opportunities to participate in the education of their children from enrichment clusters to WASL nights to parent nights to the Books and Beyond Reading Program to volunteering in the classroom. Students and staff will be given high levels of intentional support to meet the goal of “All students being successful learners.”
- Jefferson shares the Port Angeles School District vision: All Port Angeles School District students will reach high standards and graduate prepared with knowledge, skills and abilities to choose a successful future.
- Jefferson….. a community where all students, staff and families are successful, valued and connected by the joy of learning.
- Jefferson shares the Port Angeles School District belief statements.
- Education is the shared obligation of the student, family, school and community.
- Education must take place in a safe and caring environment that values high expectations, honesty, trust, and respect.
- All students must have the opportunity to learn and experience success individually and collectively.
- All students must feel valued as human beings and successful as learners.
- Every student is unique and all are capable.
- All members of the school community have equal dignity and worth.
- Cultural and social diversity are strengths in an educational environment.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- Schools are accountable to the public.
- Patriotism and citizenship are fundamental to our society.
- Individual commitment strengthens the entire organization.
Thank you for your support and interest in Jefferson Elementary! We would love to hear from you! Contact the front office at 360-457-4231. If you would like to phone a staff member, please use this main contact number and the office staff will transfer you!
Would you like to email a staff member or teacher? Staff and Teachers