Budget and Fiscal Responsibility
The Port Angeles School District creates and sustains learning communities that prepare each student to live, work, and learn successfully in a changing world.
This mission, through the district strategic plan, guides every aspect of the district's work. The goal for the fiscal and business operation is to provide optimum resources for instruction, through good stewardship and wise, goal-related planning. This will allow us to allocate maximum resources to instruction, which will help achieve our mission.
The district will strive to maintain financial stability. Financial stability benefits all programs and operations of the district. Financial stability depends on accurate enrollment projections, appropriate staffing to match enrollment, good fiscal planning and control, and maintaining an appropriate balance between expenditures and revenues at all levels
- Maintain cash reserves at 6%-8% of budgeted expenditures
- Increase the percentage of expenditures for teaching and teaching support
- Staff at a supportable level
- Increase funding for technology
- Move to decentralize more resources, responsibility and accountability
- Work to increase efficiency of non-instructional district operations
- Monitor revenues and expenditures throughout the budget year; make changes as necessary to meet the budget goals.
The allocation of resources should focus on instruction, be goals and needs driven, be related to the district’s strategic plan, and provide equity among programs and buildings.
Questions, comments or suggestions? Send an email to email@example.com.