Enrollment Report and Outlook
January 14, 2013 Report to the School Board
The District’s average total enrollment through January 2013 (not including Skills Center, Running Start or American Academy) is 3,446.22 compared to 3,498.51 in January 2012. This is 52.29 fewer average FTE’s than last year at this time but is 43.05 average FTE students above budget. Following is a comparison of the current year as compared to last year at this time and budget, by grade level:
- Grades K-6 enrollment is at 174.86 FTE compared to 1710 in January 2012. This is 24.86 more FTE compared to last year at this time and the year to date average is 38.48 above the 12-13 budget.
- Grades 7-8 enrollment is at 568.91 FTE compared to 607.6 last year. This is 38.69 less than last year at this time and the year to date average is 20.26 above our budget.
- Grades 9-12 enrollment is 1,131.89 FTE compared to 1,172.96 last year. This is 41.07 FTE fewer than last year at this time and the year to date average is 14.7 below our annual budget.
- Skills Center enrollment is at 132.48 FTE compared to 141.3 last year. We are up 2 FTE compared to December. The Skill Center is down 8.82 FTE compared to last year at this time and the year to date average FTE is 2.52 below budget.
- Running Start enrollment is 68.13 FTE compared to 66.6 at this time last year. This is 1.53 more FTE compared to last year at this time, however the year to date average is 4.28 FTE below budget. We do not expect to make up this shortfall in Running Start this year.
For more information, contact:
Port Angeles School District
216 East Fourth Street
Port Angeles, Washington 98362-3023